Services and Accomodations
Welcome to Student Ability Success Center (SASC) at San Diego State University Imperial Valley. SASC authorizes and provides a variety of services and accommodations, which are determined on a case-by-case basis and in consultation with a SASC Advisor. Our goal is to remove barriers that disability creates so that all students have an equal opportunity to be successful in college.
Students are encouraged to visit with the SASC Advisor early in the semester, or as soon as a problem arises, to address any issues that may impact academic performance.
Our academic support for students includes:
- Academic Advising
- Assisstive Technology Services (e.g. tape recorders and assistive listening devices)
- Blind and Low Vision Services (e.g. Braille and textbook conversion to electronic format)
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services
- Library and Study Room Access
- Test Accomodations (e.g. extended time, reader, writer, tests in alternative format, and reduced-distraction environment)
- On-campus cart service is available for students with permanent and temporary mobility limitations and who have appropriate documentation of disability. Please contact SASC as early as possible to make arrangements.