The six major elements of the SEC include:
- An Information and Exposition Center with cutting-edge and future technologies and concepts.
- Demonstration Fields showcasing proven and proof-of- concept technologies.
- A Laboratory and Housing Complex hosting basic and applied research by SDSU and industry scientists.
- A Conference Center for conferences, information sessions, and industry training.
- A Technology Park providing leased R&D space for renewable energy companies.
- A Classroom and Training Building with smart classrooms and seminar rooms for workforce training, industry simulations, continuing education, and academic programs.