How to Apply to a Credential Program
Application process - required documents
In most cases, your application to a credential program requires:
- Complete the Online Program Application Form
- Cal State Apply, the application required by SDSU and the California State University (CSU) system.Cal State Apply is the online application process used by all CSU universities.
- Your official academic transcripts - These must be sent to SDSU directly by the institution by mail or email. (If you
attended SDSU as an undergraduate student, then we do NOT require official transcripts
from SDSU. We have access to this information.) Please wait to send your transcripts
until AFTER you have submitted the Cal State Apply application.
- Program application, may be required by the College of Education program offering the credential you seek.
The program application and accompanying required documents will vary by department
and by specific credential. Starting Fall 2019, this additional application will only
be required for advanced credential programs (Administrative Services, Clear credentials,
and Reading Specialist credential).
- Avoid delays: Submit early!
find your credential program