A.S. Executive Officers
Lawson Hardrick III is a senior from Calexico, California. He is pursuing a degree in Psychology, Public Administration, and a minor in Linguistics. His involvement in Associated Students (A.S.) began during the 2019-2020 Academic Year.
Lawson Hardrick’s leadership and service include:
- Associated Students President (2020-21)
- Chairperson of SDSU-IV Campus Fee Advisory/IRA Committee (2020-21)
- Member of Commencement Committee (2020-21)
- Associated Students Ambassador (2019-20)
- Member of Bylaws Committee (2019-20)
- Member of Educational Events Committee (2019-20)
- Member of Campus Safety Committee (2019-20)
- Member of Hearing Committee (2019-20)
Lawson’s goal for this year is to ensure both students and future A.S. administrations’ rights are exercised by developing a strategic plan. In a time where the education industry is changing rapidly due to the COVID-19 pandemic, much planning is needed in order to adapt the educational and community experience to virtual formats that keep students engaged. Lawson would like to accomplish this by working closely with administrators at both Imperial Valley and San Diego campuses, fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion on campus, and helping students connect to services they need.
Executive Vice President
A.S. Executive Vice President
Daniel Nieto is a senior from El Centro, California. He is pursuing a degree in Liberal Studies. His involvement in Associated Students (A.S.) began in 2018.
Daniel Nieto’s leadership and service include:
- S. Executive Vice President (2020-2021)
- S. Senator (2019-2020)
- Aztecs Around the World Club President (2019-2020)
- Newsletter Committee Chair (2019-2020)
- Sports and Social Committee (2018-2020)
- Cultural Arts and Special Events Committee (2018-2020)
- S. Sports and Social Commissioner (2018-2019)
- Education Committee (2018-2019)
- Sustainability Committee (2018-2019)
- Campus Safety Committee (2018-2019)
As Executive Vice President, Daniel’s goal is to make sure everyone is doing the tasks they have signed up for. The reason why this is his goal is because he has seen from the past A.S. councils that some people struggle to do their A.S. tasks while balancing their social life. He wants to be firm with council members but in a good way, because he wants to show them that they do have to take responsibility for the tasks that they have signed up for while telling them that it’s okay to ask for help if they need it. Daniel thinks this is the most important lesson to teach the council members because sometimes they believe they have to do things by themselves when that is not true.
Executive of Finance
A.S. Executive of Finance
John Moreno Jr. is a graduate student from El Centro, California. He is currently working on a Master’s a Degree in Social Work. His involvement in Associated Students (A.S.) began in the 2019-2020 Academic Year
John Moreno Jr.’s leadership and service include:
- Executive of Finance for the Associated Students (2020-2021)
- Project Rebound Outreach Assistant
- President of Project Rebound Student Alliance
- Student at Large for the Diversity and Inclusion Planning Committee
- Psi Chi Honor Society for Psychology
- APA Ambassador for SDSU-IV
- Treasurer of the Associated Students Council (2019-2020)
- Treasurer Psychology Club at Imperial Valley Campus (2019-2020)
- Part of the A.S. Budget Committee/Meetings (2019-2020)
- Part of the A.S. Scholarship Committee (2019-2020)
- Part of the A.S. Campus Safety Committee (2019-2020)
John has set several goals for this academic year, with student equity being one of his priorities. He would like to establish a platform that would assist any student overcoming adversity to realize their dream of a college education.
A.S. Executive Secretary
Alex Zazueta is a Senior from Imperial, California. He is pursuing a degree in Criminal Justice. His involvement in Associated Students (A.S.) began in the 2019-2020 Academic Year as a Commissioner.
Alex Zazueta’s leadership and service include:
- Executive Secretary of the Associated Students (2020-2021)
- Chair of the Bylaws Committee (2020-2021)
- Student Assistant for Student Affairs (2020-2021)
- Commissioner of the Associated Students (2019-2020)
- Member of Bylaws Committee (2019-2020)
- Member of Sports and Social Committee (2019-2020)
- Member of Campus Safety Committee (2019-2020)
- Member of Aztecs Around the World Club (2019-2020)
- Student Assistant for Financial Aid Department (2019-2020)
- Student Assistant for Development Department (2019-2020)
Alex’s goals as A.S. Executive Secretary for the year is to provide new, innovative ideas and techniques that may apply as a virtual form of Student Union in which the Associated Students may host activities and create a fun, social environment for students. Alex prepares planning that will involve maximum involvement for students to participate and will continue to share information with other peers in order to find and provide great student experiences. Another action Alex will take is to inform students of the benefits and resources that San Diego State University Imperial Valley has to offer and help students feel welcome.